Premed 101 Forums

Email without attachment.

Hello,

I just received an email without anything in it except for the phrase "

Please see the attached decision regarding your application to the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry Doctor of Medicine Program."

Does that mean I am waitlisted since it did not mention anything about acceptance?

Hello,

I just received an email without anything in it except for the phrase "

Please see the attached decision regarding your application to the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry Doctor of Medicine Program."

Does that mean I am waitlisted since it did not mention anything about acceptance?

I would send a message to the school to see where you stand. There were clearly some technical issues today, but the admissions staff seemed to be working pretty hard to get them all sorted out as quickly as possible. Hopefully they can get you an answer shortly, busy as they are.

I wouldn't assume anything either way for now, either way.

It's already after office hour, does that mean I can't get an answer until tomorrow?

If the subject did not say 'Good news' it's not an acceptance. Acceptances had the following as the first line:

"I'm very pleased to let you know that you are receiving an offer of admission from the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry."

Yes that's exactly what I received. Since waitlisters got the info as plain text not as attachment, that got my hopes up.

The wait is really painful and all my family and friends kept asking me about it XD.

Hopefully things will work out for us.

Hi hdlineage,

Just to clarify, does your email only state the following:

Subject: Your Application to Schulich Medicine

Dear [x],

Please see the attached decision regarding your application to the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry Doctor of Medicine Program.

Sincerely,

The Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry Admissions Office

I'm actually in the same boat and I emailed the office around 5 pm, but I don't expect them to reply until sometime tomorrow. Even if the subject line doesn't say "Good News" we could very well be on the high or normal waitlist. Alternatively, as ralk mentioned we may even have received an acceptance. Other waitlistees received an email with a bit more info (not just a single sentence). I hope everything works out for both of us.

Best of luck to you!!! :)

Yes, it may be tomorrow until you get a reply. Again, try not to make assumptions either way - as silence says, the acceptances we know about had a different tagline, but the technical issues have been pretty rough today, so it's hard to tell what exactly's going on. Basically, I don't want to give either false hope or undue negativity - you've both shown incredible patience so far and I wish I could say anything other than "continue to show that patience", but for now, that's all I've got :o

I'll start crossing toes as well as fingers for you though :D

I still haven't received the attachment. If you don't mind me asking, did the attachment pretty much restate what was already mentioned in the email you received (i.e. congrats etc. or we regret etc.)

It's the exact same email except the title is "RESEND - (original title)", and there's an attachment. I got the original email early as well, so maybe UWO has 'batches' to avoid crashing the server and I'm in the first batch by name? :confused:

Hope that helps!

This will be my final inquiry for the day. haha Thanks everyone for being so patient and taking the time to reply.

I searched the forums to see what was written in the body of the email sent to applicants placed on the regular waitlist in previous years and the message read as follows:

Thank you for your interest in our program and the effort you have put forth with your application to first year medicine at the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University.

I regret to inform you that you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time. It was recommended, however, that your name be placed on our Wait List. In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have not received an offer of admission. While there are no certainties, we wanted to communicate this information to you in an attempt to allow you to be as informed as possible in making decisions about your future.

You should be advised that our policy does not permit us to release any information concerning the rank order or any other information regarding the Wait List. Therefore we ask that you refrain from contacting the office with any inquiries related to your ranking on the list.

Does anyone know if the email stayed the same this year for those placed on the regular wait list?

Thank you.

From what others have said apparently that response is low waitlist. But who knows, maybe email them back for some clarification.

Archived