Premed 101 Forums

Funding Medical School

I just wanted to say congratulations to everyone that was accepted yesterday. If you would like any advice or information on professional lines of credit please feel free to contact me.

Scotiabank is the #1 choice of Schulich Med Students for their professional banking needs. Over half of the existing Schulich medical students have chosen Scotiabank to advise them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading a few threads with people talking about going into their local branches and the representatives not knowing proper information on the professional lines of credit. It is very important to contact somebody that specializes in this area. Most bank representatives will come across one of these every couple of years and therefore won't be able to give you the proper advice.

• 2 weeks later...

MD Mangement is a non-profit,owned by Physicians company, that has advisors who are paid a salary with no personal vested interest in whether you buy a product or not. They have liason with the National Bank, which offers a $250,000 line of credit. The interest and prinicipal payments can start after the first year in practice. Call your local MD office for more info'. BTW, I do not work for MD Management.

Just to followup on the previous post. I am also a salaried employee and I receive no monetary benefit from signing up a new client. The benefit to me is I know you are receiving excellent advice and service. My advice to you is to talk to the existing students. Find out who they are with and why. Find out how there experience has been. Find out if there are things they don't like about there plans. Find out if the bank they deal with does any extra things at the school for the classes.

Archived