Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist partyyy

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we are under the assumption everyone with a 4.0 interview score gets in right away, I would GUESS they are on the 3.0 scores now (and the movement yesterday would have been the remaining 3.5s). Then again, none of us really know what kind of interview score will get you an initial offer... maybe all of the 4s and most of the 3.5s get offers right away, so they start with the bottom pile of 3.5s and then now are on the 3.0s... lots of possibilities.

There's also the possibility we really have it wrong about how their system works ;)

If we are under the assumption everyone with a 4.0 interview score gets in right away, I would GUESS they are on the 3.0 scores now (and the movement yesterday would have been the remaining 3.5s). Then again, none of us really know what kind of interview score will get you an initial offer... maybe all of the 4s and most of the 3.5s get offers right away, so they start with the bottom pile of 3.5s and then now are on the 3.0s... lots of possibilities.

There's also the possibility we really have it wrong about how their system works ;)

Yes, I think it's the 3.0, but like riskybusiness mentioned, we really don't know for certain.

Congrats to all of those who have been offered a place off of the waitlist!

If you can update your post in the accepted/waitlisted/rejected thread, or even place a new post there, that would be great!

See you all in September!

GP

Any idea if there will be anymore wait list offers going out tomorrow or next week GP?!

Any idea if there will be anymore wait list offers going out tomorrow or next week GP?!

I think at this point it's all speculation. Apparently in the past the waitlist saw the most movement in the 5 days following the 2 week wait for acceptances. Here to hoping for some stellar movement tomorrow!

I think at this point it's all speculation. Apparently in the past the waitlist saw the most movement in the 5 days following the 2 week wait for acceptances. Here to hoping for some stellar movement tomorrow!

Let's hope there is large movement tomorrow before the weekend

Keep in mind that OMSAS is very slow in processing requests. Chantal called me today to ask what my status of application was. I told jer I accepted Queen's so a place should free up in the french stream. That being said the fact they need to do this because of the backlog for OMSAS will slow the waitlist movement!

Keep in mind that OMSAS is very slow in processing requests. Chantal called me today to ask what my status of application was. I told jer I accepted Queen's so a place should free up in the french stream. That being said the fact they need to do this because of the backlog for OMSAS will slow the waitlist movement!

Thanks for the update!

Wooo! Got the call from Chantal today. Cannot wait to meet all you amazing people in the Fall... Keep positive waitlisters, your call is coming.... I should add my wGPA is 4.0. Best of luck everyone!

French or English stream? and Congratsss btw :)

Yes, that's what I've also heard. It takes some time for all the med schools to receive the info from OMSAS when someone declines or accepts an offer. I'm not sure what the exact delay is, but it's definitely a few business days.

If you're on more than 1 waitlist, you may even get offers from more than 1 school. You have 2 weeks to let them know so it may be worth waiting to have your choice. That's what Aetherus did for Queens. (Btw, congrats buddy!)

Sit tight, I'm sure there is more movement to come.

Archived