Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist partyyy

How do we know there is a round 3? And does anyone think people on the bad wait list have a realistic shot?

No idea if there is a "round three". I'm just saying it's the third day after they began pulling off the wait list. There still hasn't been an email sent out saying the class is full so I'm assumed a few more of us should get picked off.

And no, I don't think there is a real shot of people getting off the bad wait list. If you look at the poll it looks like there were about double the people on the good wait list than there were people given acceptances this year.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If someone with a lower GPA is on the good waitlist, it automatically means that his interview score is high?

Haha. That's what I'm hoping man. Damn 3.93... I feel like those classes I got below 90 are coming back to haunt me big time.

Yes, that's what I've also heard. It takes some time for all the med schools to receive the info from OMSAS when someone declines or accepts an offer. I'm not sure what the exact delay is, but it's definitely a few business days.

If you're on more than 1 waitlist, you may even get offers from more than 1 school. You have 2 weeks to let them know so it may be worth waiting to have your choice. That's what Aetherus did for Queens. (Btw, congrats buddy!)

Sit tight, I'm sure there is more movement to come.

Btw good luck on all of you waiting for an offer! I hope you hear back soon!

Just to let you know, there is approximately a delay of 3 days for them to process the information (I accepted on SAM Tuesday, and have just gotten confirmation). Therefore there should be some movement monday :)

aaaaaand today marks day 4. Don't give up hope everyone there's still a good chance of getting in.

If it makes anyone feel better, one of my friends got accepted a full 7 days after the 2 week initial acceptance period last year. She also told me that quite a few of her friends got in a few weeks before the fall semester began!

Do they have extended deadlines for people who get accepted that late?^ like im

Wondering if i should get my cpr and my crc just in case (this is me being extremely optimistic :P)

I should hope so. It would be completely unrealistic for them to expect you to get certified within 2 weeks.

I wasn't implying the class is full - your guess is as good as mine for how full it is (I still think there is movement to come for sure, based on the small fb group size and on past year movement).

Also, wait list offers were given two weeks I think (based on what friends have told me who got in off the wait list this year). Maybe someone in that position could confirm? If this is the case, more movement should happen after those deadlines (and maybe some more movement before).

I wasn't implying the class is full - your guess is as good as mine for how full it is (I still think there is movement to come for sure, based on the small fb group size and on past year movement).

Also, wait list offers were given two weeks I think (based on what friends have told me who got in off the wait list this year). Maybe someone in that position could confirm? If this is the case, more movement should happen after those deadlines (and maybe some more movement before).

I know you weren't. I was just stating my opinion. Oh okay, so maybe we will hear back in a week and a half. If you look at previous year threads there were a bunch of people who got in on June 12 and 13th and even the 26th which would confirm that waitlisted offers are indeed given two weeks.

Archived