Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist partyyy

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ Thanks! And I actually would rather know where I am on the waitlist even if that means I don't get accepted and am number 1 on the waitlist when the class is full. The risk of that happening is far less than the reward you get (lessened anxiety) by knowing more or less your chances of acceptance. But we have to play it according to their rules like we've been doing all along.

Has anyone considered if the emails (accepted/good waitlist/bad waitlist) go out in the ranking order? I'm guessing thats why we are supposed to put the time stamp down, but I haven't seen it discussed. The accepted emails range from 8:50 onward it seems, and almost everyone on the good waitlist got their email at 9:02 am from what I can see, but there is someone with a 9:01am. The bad waitlist ones started at after the good waitlist. Just speculating to pass the time.

Has anyone considered if the emails (accepted/good waitlist/bad waitlist) go out in the ranking order? I'm guessing thats why we are supposed to put the time stamp down, but I haven't seen it discussed. The accepted emails range from 8:50 onward it seems, and almost everyone on the good waitlist got their email at 9:02 am from what I can see, but there is someone with a 9:01am. The bad waitlist ones started at after the good waitlist. Just speculating to pass the time.

I don't think the 2 are related but this is just my opinion.

No idea. I actually e-mailed the admissions office last friday in regards to that matter, and they haven't replied yet, which I find weird.

All I can say is that this process has taught me that patience is a great virtue:p

I emailed the office and got a reply right away. probably cause I was accepted tho. And they definitely don't want to be bothered by people asking about the waitlist.

Chill out people...

In fact, it is in our advantage for them to only start calling AFTER the 27th. If they call before the 27th, someone who has an offer from another school and get into Ottawa from the good waitlist may take the spot. But if it's after the 27th, they have no choice but to accept their other offer.

Chill out people...

In fact, it is in our advantage for them to only start calling AFTER the 27th. If they call before the 27th, someone who has an offer from another school and get into Ottawa from the good waitlist may take the spot. But if it's after the 27th, they have no choice but to accept their other offer.

and someone waitlisted elsewhere but got Ottawa already my be hoping to get called off the other waitlist and thus hasn't accepted Ottawa's offer and eventually may decline it - either way you want Ottawa to go last to max out your odds.

and someone waitlisted elsewhere but got Ottawa already my be hoping to get called off the other waitlist and thus hasn't accepted Ottawa's offer and eventually may decline it - either way you want Ottawa to go last to max out your odds.

Yes, overall, best case for people waiting for Ottawa is to have all other schools call waitlisters BEFORE the 27th and only Ottawa call AFTER.

I'm daydreaming again, aren't I?

Yes, overall, best case for people waiting for Ottawa is to have all other schools call waitlisters BEFORE the 27th and only Ottawa call AFTER.

I'm daydreaming again, aren't I?

Haha. Does anyone know if everyone in the facebook group confirmed their acceptances to Ottawa or are some members still contemplating between different schools and just entered the group to ask questions?

Haha. Does anyone know if everyone in the facebook group confirmed their acceptances to Ottawa or are some members still contemplating between different schools and just entered the group to ask questions?

How many spots are available for the English stream? 110?

And 40 for the french stream. So the group has to stay away from 156 members :P

165 members I believe :P And some are upper year med students and some accepted applicants don't join the group. I think there are 13 upper year med students currently in the group, but someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Also, anyone know if all the members accepted their offers?

Archived