Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist partyyy

165 members I believe :P And some are upper year med students and some accepted applicants don't join the group. I think there are 13 upper year med students currently in the group, but someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Also, anyone know if all the members accepted their offers?

I know for a fact that there are people in the group who rejected their Ottawa offers.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm on the bad waitlist and praying for some sort of miracle ...

I wouldn't count on any miracle... I heard from a friend that the last time someone got accepted into the English stream off the bad waitlist was almost 10 years ago. And now I'm sure they've just added more people to the good waitlist so that doesn't happen again.

If you're on the French bad waitlist, you might actually have a better shot.

Someone posted in UoT that they were accepted off wait list so ottawa should be starting soon

I don't think that means a thing. Every school may have different policies. Just because UofT is starting to move their waitlist doesn't mean Ottawa will. In any case, I hope Ottawa doesn't until after the 27th.

I don't think that means a thing. Every school may have different policies. Just because UofT is starting to move their waitlist doesn't mean Ottawa will. In any case, I hope Ottawa doesn't until after the 27th.

Agreed! I have a good feeling there won't be any news from Ottawa until AFTER the 27th.

Agreed! I have a good feeling there won't be any news from Ottawa until AFTER the 27th.

According to last year, users on this forum posted that movement started the Friday after the deadline to respond, which would be equivalent to May 30th. Although Goingplaid did mention his roomate being called off the waitlist 3 days after the original offers were sent out.

So we might not hear anything before the end of this week? :confused:

According to last year yes, we won't hear anything until Friday. However, in previous years (prior to last year), waitlist offers were indeed sent earlier. Given this uncertainty, we can't really predict when waitlist offers will come out. For all we know they may come out much earlier than Friday.

I think it's kind of like rolling admissions. They will call a couple people, hear back yes or no, and keep continuing down the list and this can last up until late June/July. By July though I believe if you don't hear you most likely won't.

Yes. Last year most of the offers off of the waitlist were given out by the 2nd week of June. They would normally call several people each day and this could go on for 2 weeks. Some offers were given out late June (probably due to individuals who declined their waitlisted offer).

Is Ottawa a good medical school? realistically speaking, if you guys had other offers, would you all be waiting on pins and needles like this?

Obviously if we had other offers we would not be this anxious. But I am sure anyone who is waiting for a potential acceptance off of the waitlist will be on pins and needles like this. And yes Ottawa is a good medical school. Didn't you apply to Ottawa as well?

What kind of answer is that...

It means you will receive a 'good' education at essentially any medical school in Canada. There isn't a clear ranking where U of T = good, McGill = average, Dalhousie = bad. They're all good, and choosing one school over another will largely come down to personal preferences based on geography, teaching style, curriculum preferences, or in some cases, an area of medicine a person is interested in.

It means you will receive a 'good' education at essentially any medical school in Canada. There isn't a clear ranking where U of T = good, McGill = average, Dalhousie = bad. They're all good, and choosing one school over another will largely come down to personal preferences based on geography, teaching style, curriculum preferences, or in some cases, an area of medicine a person is interested in.

But then why do rankings exist...?

Archived