Premed 101 Forums

Hi everyone,

I wanted to confirm whether this:

"Your acceptance of this offer will only be considered valid by Western if a deposit of $1000 (bank draft or money order payable to

Western University) is received by the Admissions Office within one week of the response deadline. This minimum deposit will be

applied against your tuition fee. Be sure to include your name and OMSAS number on the front of your bank draft or money order.

Failure to include this deposit with your acceptance will result in your offer being withdrawn. Personal cheques are not acceptable."

meant that $1000 needs to be received one week after May 27th (the response deadline)?

Thanks very much for your time!

Hi everyone,

I wanted to confirm whether this:

"Your acceptance of this offer will only be considered valid by Western if a deposit of $1000 (bank draft or money order payable to

Western University) is received by the Admissions Office within one week of the response deadline. This minimum deposit will be

applied against your tuition fee. Be sure to include your name and OMSAS number on the front of your bank draft or money order.

Failure to include this deposit with your acceptance will result in your offer being withdrawn. Personal cheques are not acceptable."

meant that $1000 needs to be received one week after May 27th (the response deadline)?

Thanks very much for your time!

that is usually how it works :) It is just taken off your tuition down the line.

Sent mine yesterday and it got there today! Maybe I was being paranoid but I sent it with tracking and signature required so they can't claim not to have received it. :P

hehehe - side note, people go through this every year - the stress the I cannot believe it really aspect, the premed focus. At this point they actually want you in the program. They really do - and as such you will soon notice that the admins are friendly people out to help you rather than retract your acceptance because of a clerical error.

You won't fully believe me, no one ever does. Regardless you soon will understand as we all learned to understand. The admin now is there to protect and support you rather than be an barrier to your dreams. Welcome to Western!

I had mine delivered by XpressPost and somebody named J. Brown signed for it. I know this is a very paranoid question but just wanted to confirm whether there is such an individual in the Admissions Dept. and that Canada Post didn't mess up?

They've screwed up several deliveries on my part, so just in case...

I had mine delivered by XpressPost and somebody named J. Brown signed for it. I know this is a very paranoid question but just wanted to confirm whether there is such an individual in the Admissions Dept. and that Canada Post didn't mess up?

They've screwed up several deliveries on my part, so just in case...

hehehe there is that paranoia again - I did warn you about that. That name doesn't ring a bell but the shipping department at Western for packages is not actually in the office and likely they work down there. Packages are then sent up to the office later.

hehehe - side note, people go through this every year - the stress the I cannot believe it really aspect, the premed focus. At this point they actually want you in the program. They really do - and as such you will soon notice that the admins are friendly people out to help you rather than retract your acceptance because of a clerical error.

You won't fully believe me, no one ever does. Regardless you soon will understand as we all learned to understand. The admin now is there to protect and support you rather than be an barrier to your dreams. Welcome to Western!

This is so true. I had the same transformation at Mac last year. I think by O-week is when the idea that the admins are there to help us finally sunk in

• 2 weeks later...
To anybody else who was/is as worried/paranoid as I was, I received an email from them on Friday confirming receipt of the deposit I mailed it.

Thanks to rmorelan for your calming help!

No worries :) like I said all this premed stress will fade pretty quickly. Enjoy your summer!

Unsure if this is the right thread to post this in, but if we're applying for OSAP do we use Western as our main school even if we're accepted to the Windsor campus? I know we get a UWindsor student number, but tuition is due to UWO.

A bit confused and looking to start my OSAP application.

Unsure if this is the right thread to post this in, but if we're applying for OSAP do we use Western as our main school even if we're accepted to the Windsor campus? I know we get a UWindsor student number, but tuition is due to UWO.

A bit confused and looking to start my OSAP application.

Yup, though you are in school in Windsor you are a Western student and not a UWindsor Student (though you are affiliated so you can use their services).

Archived