Premed 101 Forums

Second undergrad after MSc - are you considered an undergrad applicant?

Hi,

I am thinking of starting second undergrad after I finish my MSc this August.

Although my last two years GPA isn't too bad (although not stellar - 3.88), my cGPA is low (~3.4) and I am unsure if I will do well on my MCAT (writing this Aug).

So I thought I should maybe start a second undergrad to increase my chance and I was wondering if I apply after my 1st and 2nd year of second undergrad, would I be considered undergrad applicant or grad applicant? (I would have conferred my MSc. degree by the time of application but would be in second undergrad)

It seems like there may be advantages in being a graduate applicant in some schools and it would be very helpful for me to decide whether to go to second undergrad route after finishing my MSc.

Thank you in advance!

If you're not getting interviews with the 3.88, I would argue that it is not because of the GPA.

The mean interview GPA for Queen's this past year was 3.88 (with a st.dev of .08). If you fall in that range, I think factors other than your GPA are to blame.

That's OMSAS 3.88 to which you're referring right?

3.88 OMSAS from what was reported on this forum for Queen's this past cycle. I'm willing to bet that the actual average is a little lower (forum goers are often neurotic and super hard working students).

Archived