Premed 101 Forums

Changes to transcript

If that is the case, I am very sorry for your loss. Instead of contacting the school directly, I would contact the professors first. I have had my transcript changed once (2 months after the course ended) due to extenuating circumstances by a professor. I realize you probably have more than one course affected, but only the professors will know how much to change your transcript by. Explain your circumstances and hope for the best.

I'm asking because I have already graduated. It's been 4 years since my dad passed away but I was in first year at the time. I went to ask the registrar what I could do and they didn't give me any other options other than deferring my exam for a few weeks, but grief doesn't go away in two weeks. Later on in 4th year I went to ask what I could do about my poor first year marks and again they said nothing, but I later found out I could have removed the courses from my transcript and redone them during the fifth year that I took. I feel like my school let me down in my time of need and I want to ask for my marks to become pass instead of %. It would be helpful to know if someone else has done it so I have precedence, when I go argue my case in a few weeks.

Archived