Premed 101 Forums

Hey everyone,

I realise that similar questions have been posed in the past on the board, but things seem to evolve quickly for PAs in training....

I'm looking into funding options for September for the Manitoba PA program. I have an appointment booked with Royal Bank to discuss options and I'm wondering what sort of salary potential i should present to the bank when i make my case (80k?).

I am also wondering if folks have found other banks with a professional LOC for PA students, because I haven't been able to thus far.

Cheers!

RBC. I worked with them years ago and got them to offer the Professional Student LOC package (that they give to med students, dental students etc., etc) to PA students. The actual amount of the LOC will vary but the details should be the same. PM ime f you run into trouble as I have some contacts at RBC.

Hi there,

I'm at U of M in 1st year.

To confirm the previous posts, RBC is what I ended up going with. I was approved for the full amount in the end. I tried working with CIBC for a bit, but in the end they couldn't offer enough. However, I'm sure if you worked with them long enough they would be willing to match RBC. Might take some patience though.

I also applied for Manitoba and Canada student loans and was able to secure some funding from there as well. Further, make sure you apply for U of M bursaries.. I was able to get a chunk from there as well.

As for salary potential - the U of M PA website highlights the salary projections. I generally presented that to the banks.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, let me know!

Congrats again!

Archived