Premed 101 Forums

Movies about Medicine

canucks_14

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was flipping through the TV guide today and I saw a show called "Emergency" on the Slice channel.

Not to be confused with Emergency Room: Life and Death at VGH on the Knowledge Network, this show is also a documentary set in Vancouver, but instead seems to focus on the Fraser Health hospitals such as Surrey Memorial and Royal Columbian. I haven't seen it yet but just read some descriptions online. I believe it premiered in mid April.

Here is a link: http://www.slice.ca/emergency/

Looks like they have some episodes on that site as well. I'm definitely putting this on my list along with Boston and NY Med, Hopkins, ER: Life and Death at VGH and any other TV medical documentaries I missed.

edit: looks like this show is on Global on sunday nights right now.

I just ordered Hopkins, Boston Med and NY Med 1 and 2 off of the ABC store online. Total cost came to $203. US to CAD conversion hurt me but shipping wasn't bad. I did find youtube videos of all of these shows online but I didn't want to take a chance on the videos being removed because of copyright. I also figured the shows would be much better quality on the official DVDs. Super excited to watch these!

• 2 months later...

For those interested there is a new movie called "Concussion" scheduled to be released on Christmas of this year. It's about the discovery of CTE. Will Smith plays either a forensic pathologist or a neuropathologist, not sure which.

As someone interested in neuroscience and sports, I can't wait for this movie!

Archived