Premed 101 Forums

When can Ontario residents expect reimbursement of CMPA fees?

Hi guys,

Do any Ontario residents know when we can expect our first deposit for the MLP reimbursement program (for CMPA fees)? I know the website states that the first deposit will be in July, but is that for incoming residents as well?

Just wondering what happened with past residents. Also, it is normal to not hear back from the MLP Reimbursement office after faxing off the forms? I sent mine in about a month ago and haven't heard anything.

Hi guys,

Do any Ontario residents know when we can expect our first deposit for the MLP reimbursement program (for CMPA fees)? I know the website states that the first deposit will be in July, but is that for incoming residents as well?

Just wondering what happened with past residents. Also, it is normal to not hear back from the MLP Reimbursement office after faxing off the forms? I sent mine in about a month ago and haven't heard anything.

I phoned and asked. October.

Thanks elmocookie and rrmorelan!

I got another question if anyone knows - aside from CPP and EI, what else is deducted from out paycheque? I know registration fees vary, but how much goes toward PARO fees?

how are you being paid? every two weeks? Twice a month etc.

It probably be easier just to give you the total :)

by the way today the july cmpa reimbursement came in.

how are you being paid? every two weeks? Twice a month etc.

It probably be easier just to give you the total :)

by the way today the july cmpa reimbursement came in.

Bi weekly.

The gross came out to be around $1350 before any CCP/EI or tax deductions for the first 2 weeks (about 56 hours, since there were 7 work days x 8 hours per day).

For some reason, it doesn't list any deductions for PARO or long term disability. Could they have forgotten? I could have sworn PARO dues were supposed to automatically be remitted...

Whoa you guys get CMPA fees back?

I think most provinces have a program. Which province are you from?

Bi weekly.

The gross came out to be around $1350 before any CCP/EI or tax deductions for the first 2 weeks (about 56 hours, since there were 7 work days x 8 hours per day).

For some reason, it doesn't list any deductions for PARO or long term disability. Could they have forgotten? I could have sworn PARO dues were supposed to automatically be remitted...

I think most provinces have a program. Which province are you from?

As a PGY 1 I earned 1500 every two weeks. That is not including the call bonus which is handled differently at various centres but at most would be every other pay cheque.

We are in the process of negotiating our new PARO contract - so their may be a small raise in theory coming. Hard to say though as the government is playing hard ball again. Still with a no increases in the past two years hopefully we can materialize something.

ha - maybe next year once call is settled I will try to join the board of PARO at Ottawa. Might be interesting.

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, psychiatry2017 said:

Sorry to revive an old thread.

Anyone knows when is the CMPA reimbursement date (MLP) for October 2018? For Ontario medical residents who opt for the quarterly payment option. Thanks :) 

Last year it was on the 20th and been that way for a while :)

Archived