Premed 101 Forums

An intricate question! (sorry if asked before)

If I attended an engineering program for two years and before graduating with a degree transferred to another university and started studying in a completely different program (Biology) how will my application be looked at?

I attended UofT for two (2) years studying Engineering Science, although being a relatively good high school student I didn't find the engineering program suitable for me and that affected my GPA significantly (3.08/4.0). Despite my very low GPA I applied to the four-year biology program at York University and recently graduated with a GPA of 3.92.

All this being said, my cumulative GPA is low to be a competitive dentistry candidate in Canada, but my question to you folks is that are there any schools in Canada that would look at my biology degree and not my engineering years?

Thank you very much for reading my post!

Thanks for your reply! I contacted UofT a few minutes ago and they told me that they look at everything and only drop the grades from my lowest year! I am not quite sure how my grades from the courses I took back in my engineering years are representative of my academic performance 6 years later considering my upward trend but I guess it is what it is!

Archived