Premed 101 Forums

Autobiographical Sketch question

Hi,

I obtained a scholarship for a master in engineering at University of Ottawa starting on Winter 2015, but I will probably not do it.

Can I say that I obtained this scholarship in my autobiographical sketch? Or I would need to do the master and really use the scholarship to mention it ?

Thank you!

Ana.

Many resumes (ie: CIHR) allow you to list awards even if they were declined. I'd list it if you had space, but be clear about declining it and why.

That being said Ottawa ONLY wants undergrad experiences in their detailed sketch, sucks for us who are building the bulk of their CV's after UG.

Also, if Ottawa is still doing top 3 for each category, I don't think including a scholarship you declined is top 3 material, imho.

Keep in mind that section is Awards and Accomplishments, they don't need to be formalized scholarships or awards, they can be anything you are proud of or want to share, even if there was limited recognition.

• 1 year later...

Rather than start a new thread I thought I would post a related question here.

I am currently entering the second year of my Master's degree and have to admit my ECs exploded after undergrad. Without padding my ABS top 3s for Ottawa, I'm trying to make it as strong as possible.

My question: While in the 4th year of my undergrad I was accepted to the master's program and offered a scholarship. Does it make sense to include this as a top 3 awards/acheivements for Ottawa since it occurred during my undergrad?

thank you in advance!

Archived