Premed 101 Forums

App development, worth mentioning?

Hi Guys, throughout my undergraduate years I developed a few iPhone applications each getting a few thousand downloads. Should I talk about this in any part of my OMSAS application, if yes under what category do you think I should list this as?

Thanks everyone!

Thank you very much for your reply. For some reason I have always been thinking that since it is not medically relevant, I should not talk about it in my OMSAS sketch!

100% put them in your app.

I would put them in extracurricular activities. Either bunch them up and call the activity app design, or separate them and give more info on each individual app.

Thank you for the encouraging words, I really appreciate it. I never thought about putting them under employment, now that you mentioned it I think it is a great idea!

Wow, that's awesome!

I guess either as Employment (self-employed) or Extra-Curriculars, depending on the circumstances in which you developed them.

Thank you very much for your reply. For some reason I have always been thinking that since it is not medically relevant, I should not talk about it in my OMSAS sketch!

You want anything that sets you apart from the rest of the hoard. App development is pretty uncommon and will definitely accomplish that task.

Good Luck!

Archived