Premed 101 Forums

Best TRU "pre-med" degree? (Please Help!)

I'm considering doing a degree at TRU (first online, then I might move to Kamloops and start attending the actual classes) and was wondering what the best degree out there is. By "best," I'm referring to the best in terms of:

-Feasibly getting a high GPA (3.8+) if you put in the time and effort.

-Selection of courses and electives, etc.

Has anyone here ever done a TRU degree, or is in the process of completing one?

Thanks in advance.

I did almost all of a Psych degree through TRU-OL. I was able to pick a bunch of electives like A+P, med terminology, etc and that really helped break up the psych stuff. I think there was only one course I didn't get an A+ in (and the instructor was terrible)

HOWEVER- Psych is a terrible thing to try to learn through correspondence. Terrible. I had zero contact with actual instuctors and that made a human-focused course really, really hard to stay on top of. Everything I know about psych is from books and even though I am really close to actually technically finishing an undergrad, with an A-A+ average, do you think I really know anything? No, no I do not.

If you want more info, PM me, OK? I feel I can answer specific questions better that way.

I have also taken most of the credit towards my degree through TRU-OL. I started in Science, Bio major, but the selection of upper level courses is really poor so I switched to Arts. I am going to make the long drive, each way, every day for my final year this fall because I found TRU-OL courses to be way more work, and the exams are pretty hard, but the biggest reason is that there are too few upper level courses in my major. I'd say the largest selection is probably in psych. There is a decent variety of 100-200 level courses through distance though.

If you do take TRU-OL courses...use the module guides and practice exercises, and practice finals, it helps prepare for the exam a lot! I don't think any of their programs are easier than others per se...the best degree is definitely going to be the one that holds the most interest for you, and if you can go to campus for year 3 and 4, then that will help with course selection.

Archived