Premed 101 Forums

Any glitches/feedback comments/improvements for the new forums?

Hi there,

Few thoughts:

1)  Unforunately, the internal URL's used to mark each thread did not transfer over when they did the conversion.  So, any old URL's that you may have bookmarked, or any URL's used as links on the old forums don't work on the new forums.

2)  I've tried to make a new user account, and my registration email did not show up in my inbox, so I will follow this up with IPB.  As posted above, there seems to be a problem with forgotten passwords and sending of the subsequent email reminder/reset.

3)  This chat is what comes with the new forums.  We will probably stick with it for the time being.  I assume there may be upgraded chat programs that could be used, but wouldn't really explore that at the time being.

Ian

Hey, new site is great!

I'm having trouble editing the "converted" info in the "Overview" section of My Profile.

If I view my profile, I can see the info I want to change, but when I go to "Edit my Profile" there doesn't seem to be a mechanism to do the editing for the "converted" info.

Anyone else come across this?

RR

Hi I was wondering, if I wanted to see the past comments a user has made; how would I do that?

I click the users name, then press posts, but there is no option to see first post or previous posts. It just shows the last several posts.

Help please 

When you are on the user's profile, click the "Find Content" button right next to "Send Me a Message"

Hey, new site is great!

I'm having trouble editing the "converted" info in the "Overview" section of My Profile.

If I view my profile, I can see the info I want to change, but when I go to "Edit my Profile" there doesn't seem to be a mechanism to do the editing for the "converted" info.

Anyone else come across this?

RR

Converted info is just the question you need to correctly answer to change your profile. It's at the very bottom.

Converted info is just the question you need to correctly answer to change your profile. It's at the very bottom.

If you click on "My profile" there is a list of old info from the old premed101 site.  It's under "Converted" Subheading beneath the "Community Stats" section.  That is what i can't figure out how to change/delete.  It's separate from the converted question you need to answer which is found  in "Edit my Profile"

If you click on "My profile" there is a list of old info from the old premed101 site - that is what i can't figure out how to change/delete.  It's separate from the converted question you need to answer which is found  in "Edit my Profile"

Ohh, sorry, I don't have that so I'm not going to be of much help. If it isn't letting you delete it mention it to a mod and they can perhaps take a look. RMorelan can use his fancy computer programming degree to help!

There apparently isn't one in the desktop version. If, however, you go on through your phone, the mobile version has one.

I can see it on my desktop. There is a button on the left of "Start New Topic" which is "Mark all as Read"; you have to do it for each individual forum though, haven't seen one for entire sections or all the forums.

I also miss the feature where you hover over the title for a short description. I know there is the little round arrow but when I go to my parents they have ^shudder^ dial up so that won't be working on weekends.

And I really do want to mark all forums read, not just the one I'm looking at.