Premed 101 Forums

Transcript Question

Hey everyone!

I was a bit unsure of the OMSAS deadline to get a transcript from our school is. According to the online OMSAS application you need to do it through their OUAC Transcript Request Form (TRF). However, the transcript doesn't appear to be issued to your school until you've officially submitted your application. On the application it says " OMSAS must receive your TRF by October 1, 2014, to satisfy the transcript deadline requirement." By this does it mean that they don't have to physically have your transcript yet, just the fact that the TRF is submitted its ok?

Thanks for your help :)

• 4 weeks later...

I apologize for resurrecting this thread but would appreciate some clarification in regards to the Transcript Request Form.

1) Just to make sure, the TRF is purely electronic. Is this correct? I originally thought the TRF was a PDF similar to the CAFs that had to be filled out, printed out and mailed to OMSAS (like the reference letters). But it seems that completing the "Transcripts" section is enough to complete this requirement. Is this right?

2) If I complete the "Transcripts" section of the application and request the TRF, will OMSAS automatically request transcripts from your school? Or do they only request transcripts once you've submitted and paid? I realize this is a silly question but I'm waiting on one of my marks to be revised and I don't want to risk it.

Thank you :)

If you attended a university in Ontario (possibly all of Canada?), it's all completely electronic, and done through the OMSAS website. If you're able to select your university from the list, and pay the appropriate fee (if applicable) by Oct 1st, your transcripts will be received in time.

Your transcripts are not requested until after your payment is processed (otherwise OMSAS would have a mountain of unusable transcripts from those who fail to pay/complete their application). Some schools charge fees for transcript release as well, and they could not request these transcripts until they receive the necessary funds.

Archived