Premed 101 Forums

MDCM/MBA Combined Program

Hi,

Has anyone experienced admission through this dual program? I want some people to share their experiences about the process of entry in this specific combo. I know that there is two different interviews, one at the Faculty of Medicine and another one at Desautels Faculty of Administration. Any help would  be appreciated.

Атомная физика

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a part of the program myself so I've been waiting for someone more knowledgeable on this to reply. To what I've heard, the program is ridiculously expensive, opportunity cost of 1 year, and isn't very good. There's only 5 or so MD,MBAs every year so its going to be hard to find them on these forums. 

Yes there are two interviews. The regular MMI for medicine and a panel interview for the MBA. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a classmate who's in the dual program, and one may feel a bit inexperienced as a MBA student (generally you need a few years in the work force before enrolling into an MBA program). Aside from that, I encourage you to apply to the MD/MBA program if you are interested in it. As for admissions, it's the MD interviews (MMI) that is the make-or-break of your portfolio. You should be able to get the MBA invite as long as you pass the MD MMIs, methinks.

Sceptical

Thanks Sceptical,

I feel I have a strong candidature and that I am a mature person with a lot of experiences both professional and personal.

Perhaps can you tell me about the MBA interview? Not necessarily important to be really specific, I just think that the information on the website is not enough detailed for my needs.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived