Premed 101 Forums

Maximum Mcat Takes Per New Year Or Per 365 Days?

thehead321

Is the maximum number of MCATs you can take 3 per new year or 3 per 365 days since your first take? Whether you get it scored or voided both count as an mcat sit, right?

Also, for anyone that wrote recently,do you know if The Berkley Review physics and gchem passages are an accurate reflection of the current MCAT difficulty? Or is it easier like TPR passages?

Lastly, the questions that don't count, are they experimental PASSAGES or experimental QUESTIONS? E.g., can an entire passage on the real mcat be an experimental passage? Or just a few questions?

It's 3 takes per calendar year.  So from Jan 2014- end of Jan 2015, you may take it three times.  A void counts as an attempt.  If you cancel after the cancellation deadline, that too counts as an attempt.

I used TPR physics and it allowed me to score well in PS the first time I wrote, but I regretted using TPR after my second attempt (I still scored well luckily).  I'm currently using TBR's physics to prepare for my next re-write, as I feel like their passages represent the harder passages I have seen on my previous MCATs.  It really depends on which test you receive.  If you go onto SDN and look at "the official___mcat" threads, you can see people's post-test reactions.

Archived