Premed 101 Forums

Canadian Equivalent Of Scutwork.com

Hi all,

I've been searching all over the website for reviews of various orthopaedic programs in Canada akin to the reviews found on scutwork.com, but there doesn't seem to be much info in this regard.

I wonder if anyone may point me in the right direction or perhaps post such reviews on this thread so that other ortho hopefuls and I may gain some insight in regard to the training, culture and lifestyle at the Canadian programs.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

It is unfortunate that this is the case.

I'm not necessarily looking for dirt on a program. I'm more interested in the culture and environment with helpful tips regarding which personality types would thrive in certain programs.

If anyone is willing to pm me on their impression of the various Ortho programs in Canada, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Best bet is to do some electives and see for yourself, as perception of culture and environment is quite subjective. (I'm sure you know preceptors that some students love and others don't).  While there, talk to people, and ask about other programs with which they are familiar. Not sure how much you would get out of anonymous PMs, lacking the context of the personality of the writer.

Archived