Premed 101 Forums

Private Tutoring, Work Experience Or Ec?

I have done a lot of private tutoring for univresity courses. Should I include those in the work experience section or EC? Also I attended school for six months (everyday) to receive my pharmacy technician certificate. Should I include that in education section of my CV?

Thank you

Were you paid to tutor? If yes, it was work.

You received a certificate for pharm tech so yes, formal education.

Thank you for the reply. Also I have worked many different jobs over the past several years. Do I have to provide a verifier contact info for each one of these? I am not even sure how to contact some of them!

Thank you for the reply. Also I have worked many different jobs over the past several years. Do I have to provide a verifier contact info for each one of these? I am not even sure how to contact some of them!

I was running into the same problem and unfortunately yes, you need to provide a verifier for all of them. One of my 'verifiers' is the HR department of my former employer's parent company, based in Nashville, because the place I worked at closed years ago.

Do your best to track them down. It's a pain in the arse, but it's necessary.

I was running into the same problem and unfortunately yes, you need to provide a verifier for all of them. One of my 'verifiers' is the HR department of my former employer's parent company, based in Nashville, because the place I worked at closed years ago.

Do your best to track them down. It's a pain in the arse, but it's necessary.

Sorry if I am asking silly questions now but mcgill is asking to be 'selective' when providing info on CV so I assumed I can just skip over some of the jobs like working as a cashier or cusotmer service that I have done in the past. Am I allowed to do that? That means that there would be a time gap between the jobs that I have done!

Sorry if I am asking silly questions now but mcgill is asking to be 'selective' when providing info on CV so I assumed I can just skip over some of the jobs like working as a cashier or cusotmer service that I have done in the past. Am I allowed to do that? That means that there would be a time gap between the jobs that I have done!

Hey there,

I would suggest you throw on the work experience as a customer service rep. Customer service is very similar to dealing with unhappy patients, who often demanding irrational things. You may have had to educate them or negotiate with them to find a resolution and keep them happy without compromising your professional obligations (to your patient's best interest, your company, to the health care system and etc).

To answer the second part of your question, it would depend on the timeline. If it was recent (last 4 years), and you have the room to input it, I would be more inclined to just include it.

Archived