Premed 101 Forums

Anyone Else Have Negative Experiences When Phoning Md Admissions?

I'm not sure if this is intentional to be intimidating or something, but a woman from MD Admissions has consistently been rude over the phone by cutting me off mid-sentence. It's a little annoying when I'm trying to explain a complicated situation and she jumps to a conclusion right away. Not that I'm particularly phased about this or anything, but I feel it reflects poorly on the U of A. Has anyone had similar experiences? 

I wouldn't take it as a representation of UofA. But, yes, I've noticed lots of admission offices are like this. Especially around application time, interviews, and when acceptance letters are sent out. Those are just busy times of year, and they've probably answered the same questions over and over again. Not that, that justifies being rude to applicants, but most people don't handle stress well.

In my experience, it is best to make an appointment with an admissions officer. I just had an appointment with one, and the adviser was very kind and patient with my questions. Also, check the med Application Help Guide before contacting admissions, 9/10 times it has the answer to your question :)

Archived