Premed 101 Forums

Referees And Acceptance/rejection

Hello!

Do our referees find out whether we got accepted or rejected through OMSAS, or after sending in the letter, that's pretty much all they have in contact with them? I feel like I have zero shot at Ontario schools but I'd regret not applying if its even remotely possible, and I feel like I'm asking them to do a lot of work just for OMSAS. I don't know how I would go about telling them when I get rejected, but I just want to know if they find out at some point in this process.

Nicely played my friend! 

Ok good. I don't want to be an embarrassment to these wonderful people...unless they ask.

They'll probably find out either way, I think most people tell all of their referees if they get in and they'll probably assume bad news if you don't tell them anything. Even if they did, there's absolutely no shame in applying and I'm sure they'd be supportive. 

They'll probably find out either way, I think most people tell all of their referees if they get in and they'll probably assume bad news if you don't tell them anything. Even if they did, there's absolutely no shame in applying and I'm sure they'd be supportive. 

If anything, all of them stated they will try to write stronger letters this year, which will probably happen with most reference if you ask and they want you to succeed.

Archived