Premed 101 Forums

Void Or Not

mcatsucks

I'm wondering if I should void the exam if I feel like I did really badly? I know that the feeling will not be that great no matter what but if I think that I did worse than 9 on one section, would it be better to void? I guess I'm just wondering if there will be a consequence to having a bad score on your record… Also how would this affect applications to US meds?

I'm wondering if I should void the exam if I feel like I did really badly? I know that the feeling will not be that great no matter what but if I think that I did worse than 9 on one section, would it be better to void? I guess I'm just wondering if there will be a consequence to having a bad score on your record… Also how would this affect applications to US meds?

IF you for sure know that you did absolutely terrible (by now you should have some idea how a section goes...but even then gut feeling isn't the best), then yes void it. Better to have 1 good score for the US, then mutliple scores (2 is usually okay if there is significant improvment). 

But that is only if you for sure know, like you missed 2 passages, or ran out of time when you usually finish with plenty etc. Something that deviates greatly from your regular routine.

I agree with the above comments. A lot of people feel terrible but that may just be due to paranoia than anything else and isn`t indicative of your score. However, if you for some reason missed 1 or 2 passages entirely or you basically froze during a section, then you can be more confident that you probably did mess up, in which case you should void it. Don`t get freaked out if you get one really hard passage that you have no idea how to do. Everyone feels that way on those passages and you just have to do your best to pick the best options. I don`t think it`s a good idea to go in with the mindset of even thinking about voiding, because whenever you encounter a very challenging passage, you will be more inclined to give up. You will have enough time to think about it at the end of your entire test. 

Archived