Premed 101 Forums

Where Does It Confirm The Receipt Of Transcripts On Ucan?

I ordered my transcripts on August 20th from U of T and they still aren't updated in UCAN, yet a collegue ordered thiers from the same University on Sept 1 and it is showing as received on thier UCAN application??? I called admissions and they said to follow-up at the end of October if UCAN still hasn't updated, as long as you can prove they were ordered before September 1st (I have email correspondence confirming receipt of the transcript request).

I also requested a transcript from UofA on Sept 5. UofA confirms that the transcript was mailed out on the 6th, but it hasn't been updated on UCAN. To be safe, I made a courier request for a rushed transcript delivery from UofA on Sept. 23. If you're really worried about your transcript getting there in time, I suggest you do the same. All of my other transcripts have been marked as received in the system. One of which was sent a day after my UofA transcript. UofC's admission staff are more than likely inundated with incoming documentation, but better safe than sorry.

My transcript sent from UofA on the 5th was just updated as received on UCAN today. As I mentioned, I rush couriered a second transcript from UofA just to be absolutely certain UofC received it. Your entire application can be voided if you're missing supporting documentation. I would courier just to be safe.

I requested my transcripts on September 6th (major oops) and they still haven't been updated on UCAN. Is fax and then courier an option? Or does U of C only accept mailed transcripts? 

That date shows that they have received it. Mine were all sent early August and had dates ranging from mid-August to early September.  I think it is the date they entered into their system so you should be totally fine.

Archived