Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS has opened

Guest darlaa

Guest darlaa

Yikes. I was surprised to see that we could start the application process already-that means it's the middle of July and the MCAT is close, and well, kinda' freaking out...8o

Anybody else this nervous?

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Ahhhhh.... I don't have to care this year. Nice. :)

Not trying to rub it in - it's just the same feeling I get now when I see someone studying for the MCAT. Thank God I don't have to do that again... Good luck, guys, it's worth the work to get that feeling in the end!

(hopefully I'll be saying the same thing when med school is over too)

Guest drcave

Do you know if the order is important on the EC list? Does it have to be organized in anyway or can you just randomly put 48 entries down as you think of them????:P

Guest miss83

yes, you're right madz, omsas does organize them for you by date and category so you can just enter them as they come to mind. good luck!

m.

Guest ChrisJones

I was gonna look this up on OMSAS, but thought someone might be able to give me a quick answer.

In terms of the MCAT-requiring schools, Queens, Western, U of T... I heard last year Queens cutoff was around 3.68 and Toronto you should have more than 3.6 any idea on what Western's was?

But my main question is do any of these schools do the weighted GPA or is that just Ottawa?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Guest Kooman

Hey Chris,

UWO's cutoff was 3.7 this year. However, you must have 2 full years with a GPA of 3.7 ... not just the average.

NOSM also uses weighted average. They don't count first year marks.

Archived