Premed 101 Forums

Uwo Admission

I know admission GPA avg is 89+

I have 86.6 and 88.2 as my best two years and I already graduated. Anyone know if I take a year (full-course load) as continuing/mature/special student but isn't part of a degree (because I already graduated), would they take this year as part of my best year?

Thanks!

I know admission GPA avg is 89+

I have 86.6 and 88.2 as my best two years and I already graduated. Anyone know if I take a year (full-course load) as continuing/mature/special student but isn't part of a degree (because I already graduated), would they take this year as part of my best year?

Thanks!

From their website:

• Special Years:  Academic years involving no program requirements may be included in the average in the admissions process and deemed a Special Year if the applicant is not registered in any undergraduate degree program and meets the following parameters:
    • During the previous undergraduate degree education, the student must have achieved at least one A-level year (80% or higher)
    • The Special Year contains a full course load - at least five full courses or equivalent, four of which are equal in difficulty to those courses at Western which are coded 2000 or above.
    • The complement of courses in the Special Year must not appear to be a repeat of a year taken within the student's undergraduate degree.
    • A minimum of 80% is achieved in the Special Year.  The Admissions Committee will allow two Special Years on a candidate's transcript should the applicant not achieve 80% in the first Special Year attempt, however only the higher one will be considered as a competitive year. 
    • The averages of Special Years taken during the year of application are not considered in the current application cycle.

Wow, I totally did not see that.

Thanks so much for your help.

From their website:

• Special Years:  Academic years involving no program requirements may be included in the average in the admissions process and deemed a Special Year if the applicant is not registered in any undergraduate degree program and meets the following parameters:
    • During the previous undergraduate degree education, the student must have achieved at least one A-level year (80% or higher)
    • The Special Year contains a full course load - at least five full courses or equivalent, four of which are equal in difficulty to those courses at Western which are coded 2000 or above.
    • The complement of courses in the Special Year must not appear to be a repeat of a year taken within the student's undergraduate degree.
    • A minimum of 80% is achieved in the Special Year.  The Admissions Committee will allow two Special Years on a candidate's transcript should the applicant not achieve 80% in the first Special Year attempt, however only the higher one will be considered as a competitive year. 
    • The averages of Special Years taken during the year of application are not considered in the current application cycle.

Archived