Premed 101 Forums

Is It Okay To Put Private Tutoring/freelance Editing In Top 10S?

I have been privately tutoring students for the past few years and have also been editing/proofreading for clients since long. Is it okay to put these as my top 10s? If so, who should I put my as my verifiers..one of my clients? lastly, is it okay to group these two together..wouldn't they need different verifiers for each?

Here's hoping it's OK... I put a similar experience (Private tutor) on my Top 10, and put myself as a Verifier. As far as your question goes about grouping items together, I'd use your own judgement ... particularly if you have more items on your list you'd like to talk about.

And I swear I'm not dumb ... but the application deadline of October 1st, 11:59 PM means Wednesday night, correct? So we have two more nights to write our applications?

Cheers!

I think it'd be a good idea to tell your verifier, whichever captain you choose it to be, to be aware that you're listing him as a verifier for multiple seasons.

I did read (somewhere) that in the case of multiple verifiers, you're required to list all of them separated by commas... :S ..  I can't remember exactly where I read this though.

I've spoken with admissions about verifiers to confirm who we can use (whenever possible) for verification. For something like your intramural experience, I would suggest putting a contact with the organization's e-mail domain rather than a fellow captain. Admissions stated that it's not necessarily to verify the content of your experience, but to confirm that you were actually part of the organization in question. For tutoring purposes, obviously if you tutor privately, you won't be able to use a person from any formal organization. Just whenever possible, use a "formal" verifier.

Archived