Premed 101 Forums

Should I Apply? (Vr:8 / Gpa: 3.97)

VR = 8

cGPA: 3.97/4.00

IP

Should I give it a try this year? Planning to retake in January.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like McMaster doesn't care about our ABS either.

Give it a shot! AT the very least, you'll have experience with the Casper. 

you're right :)

Any success with the companies offering Casper practice tests? 

Didn't bother doing them.

One exercise I liked in debate club was this:

Someone gives you a noun (chair, for example). Talk a minute about that thing. A second thing. Talk another minute about both the things. A third thing. You have one minute to wrap up your talk about how all three of these things are related.

It's a great way of making you think and talk fast.

Didn't bother doing them.

One exercise I liked in debate club was this:

Someone gives you a noun (chair, for example). Talk a minute about that thing. A second thing. Talk another minute about both the things. A third thing. You have one minute to wrap up your talk about how all three of these things are related.

It's a great way of making you think and talk fast.

niice, I can see how that's going to help! 

Have examples prepped for all the personal questions! I had many cue cards sitting next to me that I could easily grab with answers to typical questions or ethical issues - in case I panicked and couldn't remember anything!

Did you end up using any?

I put sticky notes in Doing Right thinking I would have time to jump to certain parts to help me out. I didn't even open my Doing Right book.

Did you end up using any?

I put sticky notes in Doing Right thinking I would have time to jump to certain parts to help me out. I didn't even open my Doing Right book.

I actually did end up using it the second time I did CASPER. There was one or two questions that were exactly the same.

What are some of the personal questions that come up?

It's only confidential if you disclose actual interview questions that you yourself (or someone else) were asked in an interview.

personal questions, are simply, personal. They may ask you to tell them a little about yourself. Or how you deal with stress, or how did you dealt with the last major distressing situation you encountered? Do you prefer to work in groups or alone?

I'm guessing they may ask questions regarding your personality to figure out what kind of a person you are(?)

I've never had an interview so my knowledge comes from mere research of the matter.

Archived