Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites Are Soon!

Hi MUN applicants!

I'm assuming, based on last year, that interview invites may start coming out this week (Friday at the earliest, I'd think) and will continue through next week at least. MUN's website says interview rejections won't go out until after interviews, but they seem to give around 20-30 days notice to interviewees so I'd imagine most invites will be sent by the 24th or so.

Think I might start obsessively checking my email every few minutes from Wednesday onward. Who else?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there. Yeah I have never applied, but the website states that the invites should start coming in this month so I am being extra paranoid and vigilant in checking my e-mails. It's a little scary that they will only inform interviews after the fact about whether they were rejected.

My understanding when it comes to that is that if someone declines their interview space, MUN may invite someone else even right up to the day before. So I hear anyway. I know people have gotten off the waitlist for acceptance days before class started, so it makes sense they may have an interview 'reserve list' too since they have a limited number they can interview with only one day.

In that light, it makes sense that until interview day, it's not 100% sure who won't have an interview.

My understanding when it comes to that is that if someone declines their interview space, MUN may invite someone else even right up to the day before. So I hear anyway. I know people have gotten off the waitlist for acceptance days before class started, so it makes sense they may have an interview 'reserve list' too since they have a limited number they can interview with only one day.

In that light, it makes sense that until interview day, it's not 100% sure who won't have an interview.

That makes much more sense! 

Looks like this could be a troll. Hopefully I'm wrong and they've actually started to send them out.

Maybe.  Hypothetically, I might know a person who spoke to the admissions office today, and they said starting tomorrow...but that would be entirely hypothetical, of course ;)

I don't think that "doctorwho?" poster actually received anything so I don't know that we've had any confirmed invites yet. I've heard from multiple sources that they're being mailed today so I doubt they'd have sent emails yesterday. I haven't received anything.

I don't think that "doctorwho?" poster actually received anything so I don't know that we've had any confirmed invites yet. I've heard from multiple sources that they're being mailed today so I doubt they'd have sent emails yesterday. I haven't received anything.

Yeah, no one panic yet. They also don't send them all out at once, they are just starting today, so if you don't hear anything today or even tomorrow, it doesn't mean you won't hear anything at all!

Though to be fair, there totally is a Dildo Pond here in NL, because of course there is. What else would you name your pond? ;)

Archived