Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites Are Soon!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, no one panic yet. They also don't send them all out at once, they are just starting today, so if you don't hear anything today or even tomorrow, it doesn't mean you won't hear anything at all!

Though to be fair, there totally is a Dildo Pond here in NL, because of course there is. What else would you name your pond? ;)

Any sense of what time of day they usually start sending them out? It wouldn't make sense for them to send invites once the office is closed for the day.

Any sense of what time of day they usually start sending them out? It wouldn't make sense for them to send invites once the office is closed for the day.

Afraid not. The office would be closed now for the day, so take of that what you will. Though the word FedEx was used, so I'm not sure how the mail or email thing is going to shake down.  No panic allowed until Friday at least, and even then there will be turnover.

I'm really hoping they come out soon. Airfare creeps up by the day and as soon as they send them out it's probably going to increase very quickly as interviewees snap up cheaper flights. A couple hundred people flying into a small city on one day has a big effect on flight costs.

good luck everyone! don't panic.. interview invites went out on a rolling basis last year.. some people got them on day 1, others days later; they were not all sent out at once. last year, applicants who wrote their MCAT on the last possible day of September received invites about a week later than everyone else because they didn't get their scores until that time. it doesn't mean anything! just patience.. lots of patience :) 

I'm really hoping they come out soon. Airfare creeps up by the day and as soon as they send them out it's probably going to increase very quickly as interviewees snap up cheaper flights. A couple hundred people flying into a small city on one day has a big effect on flight costs.

You can call and ask when and how they are sending them (I really can't see them deviating from phone or email). Sometimes they will tell you. 

Archived