Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites Are Soon!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wondering if those getting invites would be willing to share GPA (percentage) and MCAT scores?

There are no set cutoffs, but the standards for the non-NL pool are higher than others. Pretty much my guess in terms of standards from highest to lowest:

Non-martime/other (5 seats) > PEI (4 seats) > NB (10 seats) > Yukon (1 seat but very few applicants) > NL (57 seats + 3 aboriginal)

This has to do with seat allocation. 

"We are currently in the process of notifying applicants of interview; this process will continue for approximately a week.  Regards, Christine, Admissions Office" got that earlier today when I inquired about invites. 

Thanks for checking! As a PEI applicant I'm hoping I can squeeze in... my MCAT is above average but GPA would be slightly below I think (I'm a MHSc student though so that should help?).

There are no set cutoffs, but the standards for the non-NL pool are higher than others. Pretty much my guess in terms of standards from highest to lowest:

Non-martime/other (5 seats) > PEI (3 seats) > NB (10 seats) > Yukon (1 seat but very few applicants) > NL (57 seats + 3 aboriginal)

This has to do with seat allocation.

PEI has four seats. Unless that changed this year.

Xcon2run - good luck! I so rarely see other Islanders on here. Hi!

PEI has four seats. Unless that changed this year.

Xcon2run - good luck! I so rarely see other Islanders on here. Hi!

Yup, they have four! Just double checked on the admissions site.

Nice to virtually meet you Birdy! Always a pleasure to see a fellow Islander!

Wondering if those getting invites would be willing to share GPA (percentage) and MCAT scores?

3.98 or 92% overall average.

11/13/10 MCAT.

I'm applying in my third year, hoping to be considered under the exception they can grant to the degree requirement.

Would anyone care to share some thoughts on how MUN and DAL differ in terms of the pre-interview screening process, especially for OOP?

I was IP for Dal because I went to high school in NS (even after spending 15 months pre-applying in ON), but I think Dal really puts a lot of emphasis on the Maritime connection, while MUN is a lot more holistic.  If MUN has any preference for OOP, it might be related to rurality, but that's just a guess - the OOP's in our year, myself included, come from very different places in NS and Ontario.

Archived