Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites Are Soon!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am disappointed, but I did call the office again to be sure. She said if I hadn't received an invitation at this point then it was unlikely I would get one, and that if I didn't hear anything by early next week then that I probably shouldn't expect to be invited. Take whatever you will from that.

Being frustrated at not receiving an interview is no excuse for displaying a poor attitude by discounting the admission process (highly competitive) as a "waste of money". There are MANY successful medical students and physicians who applied many times. It is important to remember that the competition changes each year depending on the applicant pool. The same application that received a interview last year may not be considered competitive this year. If medicine is your passion and dream, just keep trying. Improve yourself. Don't put life on hold, but don't give up either. I empathize with all of those who did not receive an invite this year, I've been there twice before. Keep your head up and just try again. Just realize that a shitty attitude won't get you anywhere. Not to mention it doesn't scream professional.

Archived