Premed 101 Forums

Prerequisite Courses

vincent56

Hi,

I'm currently doing the Academic History Workbook for medicine, and I would like to know if the cours Human Anatomy and Physiology I (without lab) could be credited for 3 credits of biology?

I asked the admission office by email and she did'nt reply yet (it's been 2 weeks now) and she never answers the phone.

Please help me,

Thanks. Vince

From my experience, McGill is really strict with what they allow for the prereq courses (basically I think they have to all be first year general courses, with the exception of organic chem I think). Your best bet is to email them again to double check, but my feeling is human anatomy and physio without lab won't count as bio prereq. I think you should use your 1st year general bio course. 

what do I do if some prereq courses were taken completed during my CEGEP? How do I fill section 4 then?

You would put them in section 4. I assume it would be like NYA, NYB (chimie and biologie) - so it would be biology I, chemistry I, chemistry II

same with the physics and org chem.

so in all, section 3 - completed BSc classes

section 4 - prerequisites (cegep and/or uni)

You would put them in section 4. I assume it would be like NYA, NYB (chimie and biologie) - so it would be biology I, chemistry I, chemistry II

same with the physics and org chem.

so in all, section 3 - completed BSc classes

section 4 - prerequisites (cegep and/or uni)

So I need to fill Biology 1, Biology 2, Chemistry 1, Chemistry 2, Physics 1, Physics 2 and Organic Chemistry 1 with the equivalent courses that I've done during Cegep? and How do I convert those numerical grades to the McGill equivalent? and by the way, thank you very much for helping me!

I am wondering about the Chemistry prerequisites for McGill.  I graduated from uOttawa with a degree in biomedical sciences.  The only first year general chemistry courses that I took was CHM1311 - Principles of Chemistry.  What are other possible courses that I can put as the second Gen Chem prerequisite?

Thanks

So I need to fill Biology 1, Biology 2, Chemistry 1, Chemistry 2, Physics 1, Physics 2 and Organic Chemistry 1 with the equivalent courses that I've done during Cegep? and How do I convert those numerical grades to the McGill equivalent? and by the way, thank you very much for helping me!

From what I see you don't need to convert the grades.

Archived