Premed 101 Forums

Mcat Score Release Problem

Lopez

I released my MCAT score on Oct 15th and on the AAMC Thx it says "Y" under 'AMCAS release' and says that release status is "Complete" although there is no date listed under "Updated date' and on OMSAS it says MCAT test scores are not received. How long should this process take normally? And just to clarify, I confirmed that I did in fact release the scores to OMSAS.

Should I be worried, any advice?

I wouldn't get concerned. As long as it says it has been released from AAMC you'll be fine. I actually had OMSAS email me saying I'd been disqualified because they never received them. I sent them a screenshot that I had released before the deadline and asked me what they would like me to do. They were totally fine with that and I ended up re-sending my scores and they let my applications continue. I think stuff like this happens sometimes which is why they emailed me - I had the opportunity to correct the mistake. Also, I had interviews/acceptances so it didn't affect my application. As long as you have proof that you did your part don't worry about it not showing up. They most likely will show up at a later time, but if not it'll still work out just fine :)

Archived