Premed 101 Forums

4:30Pm Casper Writers

I was immediately psyched out unfortunately - My keyboard has a bad connection and when I shifted it into a more comfortable writing position for the first question it disconnected itself and my mouse! I lost about a minute and a half of writing time while I unplugged/replugged it back in. Never thought that would cause such a problem!

Aside from that I think I did as well as I could reasonably expect...not happy with my responses but not unhappy either haha.

Good luck everyone!

Whew, done.

I thought I was doing ok until I hit the personal question, and then that completely threw me off and I spent 2 minutes trying to think of a good experience (I couldn't, so just went with whatever came to mind). At least that was the last question...

So, I hear they throw out your worst and best question, yes? :)

Whew, done.

I thought I was doing ok until I hit the personal question, and then that completely threw me off and I spent 2 minutes trying to think of a good experience (I couldn't, so just went with whatever came to mind). At least that was the last question...

LOl I agree..of all the questions,t he personal question threw me off the most. Man..it takes a while to think of examples and explain them properly. I don't think it's a good idea to ask for these types of experiences on a test like this. 

LOl I agree..of all the questions,t he personal question threw me off the most. Man..it takes a while to think of examples and explain them properly. I don't think it's a good idea to ask for these types of experiences on a test like this. 

Yeah, the personal question was bit unexpected and I do agree that a five minute window is probably not the best opportunity for an applicant ot reasonably answer such a profound question (mostly referring to the last question)...

Whew, done.

Same thing happened to me. I was cruising along and then I just blanked completely on that question for a good minute before I jotted down some generic sounding response that did not convey the impact of my experience well at all.

Does anyone else find that the ~1.5 minutes you get per question doesn't let you tell them your line of reasoning? For most of my questions I made statements about what's right/wrong and kinda hinted at the reasoning behind it but I didn't have time to analyze everything. I think I might've focused on the issues too globally instead of honing in on specific things for some of the questions. 

Yes, it is so challenging to write something profound in 1.5 min. Seriously have like 1 second to think. Also, I decided to not care about small typos since they said it was okay in the instructions i think. Just glad that it is over! Hope everyone else did well!

Btw for some reason I realyl think I only had 11 sections lol. I was kind of keeping track of it (like..when will this misery end haha jks), but on the last seciton i thought there would be one more. I'm assuming I just lost track of counting cuz it said I answered 35 out of 35. Do es anyoone know if there are supposed to be 12 sections including the exist survey (which I didn't have),so maybe that's why I counted 11 or is it 12+1 exist surver= 13 total sections?

Anyway, i'm prolly just being paranoid. 

I found that for me, the profound stuff came to me immediately, either I saw the connection as soon as I read it or I didn't. At least that's how I felt when going through it - I only really put down a couple things that I felt were really impressive (probably an average CASPer overall), and for all those instances, it was the first thing I wrote down. More time would have probably allowed me to better word my responses, but as for actual insight? I'm not sure how much it would have helped.

Regarding number of questions, I didn't keep track, but I wouldn't worry. If they told you that you were finished and all responses were saved, you should be fine. You can never know with McMaster, sometimes they change things for experimental purposes to improve their system, anything they do though is always accounted for in their grading.

• 3 weeks later...

Dude, talk about stress! I live on the West Coast and when I signed up for Casper, I read the time change chart BACKWARD. So instead of starting at 1:30pm Pacific time on the 22nd like I thought I did, I arrived at the computer at 1pm and realized that I was supposed to do my test at 7:30AM PACIFIC that morning. I cried for a few minutes, then, dejected, called the Casper support folks and asked if there was anything I could do. They were amazing and helped me change my time to take the 4:30pm Eastern time test. When I tried to sign into it, however, it wouldn't work, so I spent the first half hour of my test's time on the phone again with Casper support!

Finally, we got it working. I wrote Casper and felt like it went really well, and because they actually make the test shut down two hours after it opens, even though it only takes 1.5 hours to write, I didn't lose any time on the test :)

Nerve-wracking to say the least!

Dude, talk about stress! I live on the West Coast and when I signed up for Casper, I read the time change chart BACKWARD. So instead of starting at 1:30pm Pacific time on the 22nd like I thought I did, I arrived at the computer at 1pm and realized that I was supposed to do my test at 7:30AM PACIFIC that morning. I cried for a few minutes, then, dejected, called the Casper support folks and asked if there was anything I could do. They were amazing and helped me change my time to take the 4:30pm Eastern time test. When I tried to sign into it, however, it wouldn't work, so I spent the first half hour of my test's time on the phone again with Casper support!

Finally, we got it working. I wrote Casper and felt like it went really well, and because they actually make the test shut down two hours after it opens, even though it only takes 1.5 hours to write, I didn't lose any time on the test :)

Now if you get in at least you'd have done it in the most badass way possible.

• 1 month later...

Once you're in, you won't forget this moment.

Archived