Premed 101 Forums

Transcript Submission

Boabdil

I am a Quebec applicant (non-McGill), university category. The deadline for submitting application is November 1st.  At what point do I submit my university transcript? Does it need to be in for November 1st? I don't think I can submit my transcript till I have applied and have an ID number.

I attended a University in Quebec and I know that the transcript can be sent electronically between institutions. Is this automatic or do I need to request it?? 

Thanks

I think you only need to upload the unofficial transcript. This can be obtained from your school's website. All you need to do is to copy that page and upload these unofficial transcripts, together with the legend of grades from your school.

Anyone can comment on this if I am doing the right thing?

Yes that's correct. You upload an unofficial transcript of your most recent grades (this can be found in your online portal for most universities). Only if McGill requires it, they may ask you for an official copy at a later date.

I understand. But for Quebec applicants there is electronic inter university transfer of transcripts. My question is do you need to submit a request to your institution or is it automatic once you fill in that you attended a quebec university.

I understand. But for Quebec applicants there is electronic inter university transfer of transcripts. My question is do you need to submit a request to your institution or is it automatic once you fill in that you attended a quebec university.

Is that inter university transfer of official transcripts? McGill just wants unofficial ones right now, and there's actually a spot for you to upload them yourself, it's not like the MCAT spot where it says 'received' after making a request through MCAT THx. If the other university sent them, then someone at McGill would have to add them to your file. That doesn't make sense to me (adds a lot of extra steps t the whole process). So, I would just upload them yourself. Simplest solution is best in this case? :)

Usually you request an official transcript to be sent (fees apply in most cases) - but the universities won't send a piece of paper, they will send it electronically. So yes you have to request it.

Usually you request an official transcript to be sent (fees apply in most cases) - but the universities won't send a piece of paper, they will send it electronically. So yes you have to request it.

Not for McGill though, they just want unofficial transcripts uploaded to Minerva. They only request official ones once you're accepted.

Archived