Premed 101 Forums

What Can Be Strenghtened Or Improved?

new2018

Both are good. They probably ask these questions ambiguisly to give you many options and make your personal narative as personal as posible. I personnaly went with the caracter trait last year got in. Now does it mean it is the way to go ? Absolutely not. I just felt that writing someting along the lines of "I should have done more volunteering in blabla or I should have won more awards" was a tad meaningless, but maybe you'll have a way of writing it that makes it more relevent than what I wrote.

Good luck with your application !

Could be both, and add if you can what can be done (or what you are already doing) to improve these aspects about yourself. It doesn't have necessarily to have to be directly connected to your CVPN. It doesn't necessarily have to do with medicine.

e.g. I would like to discover more about painting

e.g. I'm always late

Altight thanks!

I was thinking of going along the lines of what I can know/learn  more about. 

I was just wondering if it would be better to portray it as: 

- a specific activity made me realize i wanted to know more/learn more about it  OR

- I realized that  I didn't know much about the subject and that activity was a start to my involvment in the field 

(sorry if it sounds vague)

What I did last year was

1 trait that I would like to improve

and 1 subject I'd like to know more about (since it's interesting and I know next to nothing about it), more for personal interest (pretty much entirely unrelated to medicine)

Again, there is no right or wrong answer, but do sound mature, and explain why rather than just list stuff.

I'm sure many people wrote completely different things than I did. So don't think of what I did as THE RIGHT THING to do.

By the way, did you guys specifically write the corresponding letter to the respective question when you answered them (i.e. A) asfdasdfsfd  B) sdfasdfas C) adfasdf) or did you just write one coherent narrative that addressed all those points without actually writing the question's letter beside the corresponding paragraph? 

Archived