Premed 101 Forums

Northwestern and Pritzker (Chicago)

Guest daryn

Guest daryn

Has anybody applied/interviewed/whatever with these two schools? Is there anything you can tell me about them?

I have ~3.65 and 31N, which is on the low end of the scale from what MSAR and mdapplicants.com tell me. Should these be my reach schools?

I just graduated from Northwestern. Average GPA for the Class of 2009 was 3.72 CGPA, 3.68 SGPA, MCAT 11.5 (BS), 11.6 (PS), 10.7 (VR). Having interviewed applicants for the 2010 class this year, I can say that research is a must.

Guest sig83

I interviewed at both of these schools this year. My MCAT was 35Q and my AMCAS GPA was around 3.94. I was waitlisted at both of these schools (yet I was accepted at 4 Canadian schools and at Dartmouth). I would say overall the other applicants that I met on my interview days seemed very impressive and well-rounded--ample research, extracurricular and international experiences. These seemed like wonderful schools and Chicago is a very interesting city.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ubcredfox

I interviewed and was accepted at Northwestern, but turned them down in favor of staying in Canada.

My stats were 3.58 cGPA and a 36Q on the MCAT.

I'll agree with the above poster, the people I met were really quite interesting.

Archived