Premed 101 Forums

anyone applying to the US this June?

Guest nostalgia ganam

Guest PD84

i'm joining the US bandwagon this year, but have to say I don't know a whole bunch about the process. Most of the school's I'm thinking about applying to are back east. I was just wondering, as Canadians, should our stats be much higher than the average entrance stats at x school to get a shot?

Thanks

Guest daryn

Hey guys

I am applying too. I obviously won't be applying to any of the long range ones though (the big guns like Harvard et al).

Let's unite! haha.

AMCAS June 1 date is coming up soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MCat

hey everyone,

Im also applying to the states.

Has anyone started/finished their AMCAS yet? I havent started yet...and I gotta admit the thought of it kinda scares me...especially since I dont really know where Im applying.

Anyone have recommendations on schools that would accept someone with a gpa bit under 3.5?

Guest Madz25

hi

i have last year's copy of the MSAR if anyone in the toronto area is interested. PM me if you are. thanks.

madz

Guest Who MD

I'm finished the AMCAS except for the personal statement which I'm not yet completely happy with. I plan to submit the application next week.

Guest jmarks3452

hi,

if you're rewriting the august mcat, and you've checked that off on your amcas, can you just submit it then or do you have to wait until your august score comes in?

also, when entering your courses, what does biochemistry fall under? biology, chemistry or something else?

sorry, one more question. if you've already registered for this coming year you should enter all the courses you're going to take, then mark them as incomplete, right?

Guest Madz25

you can submit your amcas application whenever you want. your application will not be considered complete (by the schools) until your mcat scores come out.

biochemistry - depends on your school. at my school (uoft) biochemistry fell under biology.

yes you enter all future courses as well.

madz

Archived