Premed 101 Forums

(1) are Canadians international students? (2) credit hours?

Guest jmarks3452

Guest jmarks3452

(1) when applying to American schools are Canadians considered international students? or are they in the same pool as all students from the States?

(2) how do credit hours work? say I took a course with a lab for one semester, how many credit hours is that? how about a course with no lab?

Guest Madz25

1) Canadians are treated as out-of-state residents for the application process but in other aspects they are treated as international students (ie. you need a visa to study in the US).

2) For AMCAS I put my courses down by how many credits they were (0.5 or 1.0) and AMCAS took care of the rest...

Madz

Guest siobhansiobhan

what i've noticed is that when the school asks for an american schooling, canadian is o.k.

when looking for schools to apply to, i've been looking for the schools that accept 'international' students - in that context, canadian, i think, counts as international.

however, if anyone knows of schools who do not really accept internationals, but do accept canadians, i'd be interested before i do a whole new approach to selecting schools from the msar 2007.

Archived