Premed 101 Forums

Who's going to Wayne State for sure?

Guest ap0x

Guest ap0x

What's up everyone. Today was the big day... it looks like Wayne State will be the destination for me in august instead of a canadian school.

Any other canadians most likely going there?

Let's get in contact... need some fellow canucks to back me up down in detroit!

I'll be going in August--just got my rejections from UofT/Mac. Soooo........will see you there? Btw, are you looking for places to live? I am as well, so maybe we can get a few more on board. Let me know! :) Maybe send me a PM, or add me to your msn. Talk to you soon!

a03psych@hotmail.com

Forgot one more thing. I still haven't heard from Rosalind Franklin--must I withdraw even though I have not accepted (since I myself have not been either accepted nor rejected)?

Thanks!

No problem:

MCAT:

Physical Sci-11

Verbal-9

Bio Sci-12

Written--Q

Lots of extracurric including teaching, overseas work and research/publications. Second time applying to Ontario, first time to the US.

Applied to all Ontario unis (minus Northern).....interviewed at Mac and UT. USA--applied to Rosalind Franklin, Wayne State, UPitt and Brown--interviewed at RF and Wayne State. Haven't heard from Franklin, but rejected in Ontario.

Guest ap0x

KD - i've added u to msn and sent you an email

as for my stats:

undergrad GPA - 3.86

MCAT 11 (PS), 13 (BS), 9 (VR), R

finishing up masters after not getting in 2 previous times applying

still on waiting list for U of T though... so still a chance! lol

i liked wayne when i went down... if i end up going to states my goals are to end up either west or east coast... seattle is amazing!

yes, i emailed the admissions at uoft--that letter was confusing, but it seems i'm waitlisted there and at mac. but for now, wayne state will be my new home :)

kd

Guest sharonM2006

Hey ap0x...do you know why you didn't get in (at least after the 2nd time)...seems like you have good stats.

This is whats scaring me now...what if I don't get in the 2nd time I apply..then what will I do! I don't really wanna start my masters next year so then I'd be screwed

Guest ap0x

Why I didn't get in? hmm... could've been a number of reasons... the second time I applied my mcat score STILL wasnt' good enough for canadian schools (sigh... what can you do)... and for wayne I had applied very late and thus was at a great disadvantage in their rolling application process.

THis is my THIRD time applying after finishing my masters... so you know what... life's not over if u dont' get in after two tries. I know many people that've done waht I've done... if you really want to do med, eventually you'll get there...

I'm not sad that I had to do a masters at all. If anything it opens up new options for me in the future.

Archived