Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UBC is so special.

Did you know if your school gives you only a grade without a percentage, they give you the lowest possible percentage for that grade when converting your grades to a numeric scale?

For example, if you got an A-, and an A- is from 79.5%- 84.5%, they give you 79.5%. 

Also if your school considers say, an A- is from 84.5 - 89.5 (which some schools do), they will still give you 79.5%, even if it's literally impossible for you to have received that percentage. 

Hey there,

Does anyone have any insight as to what the interview is going to be like? I've done a few MMI practices with friends, but every school seems to have a different focus/ style of questions they like to ask.

I've heard that some schools ask more critical thinking questions like "How many trees are there in Canada" whereas other schools might focus on asking more personal and health policy centered questions. 

Any knowledge about what kind of questions to prepare for will be really helpful!

ps. I know there's a confidentiality form that you have to sign after doing the MMI interview, I'm not asking what the questions you had were. 

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone

I know the interview date is approaching soon. I'm setting up a practice session at SFU campus possibly Wednesday or Thursday. let me know if you're interested.

Good luck to all

I'd love to get together to practice with someone/a group sometime this week.

I work during the days, but am free any evening this week!

Sounds good. I will set up a time for Thursday evening. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Hi guys

If you are interested, lets meet on Thursday evening (say 4:30ish) at SFU Burnaby campus. Please reply if you're interested and I'll set up a class room or a meeting room for us to practice.

Regards

Archived