Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry to hear that:( I received my acceptance letter today - thrilled. This is my second time applying. Last year was tough when I got rejected. I went back and improved my GPA with two courses , and worked on trying to be 'myself' while kicking analytical butt in the interviews.  The interviews certainly felt better the second time around. I think the important thing is not to give up and to remember that the year you spend improving your candidacy isn't a waste, it also improves how you will ultimately do in the program and as a Physio, as any kind of rejection forces you to do some self reflection (at least that's what I told myself:). You'll get in next year!

I was wondering if anyone else who got accepted to UBC PT had this in their email:

"Congratulations and welcome to the Master of Physical Therapy Program at the University of British Columbia. I am pleased to advise that, subject to the approval of the Faculty of Graduate and Post-Doctoral Studies, you will be admitted to the MPT program beginning September 2015."

Just seeing that in red is making me a bit nervous haha. Does anyone know what this means or if its normal? Will they send us another email when we are approved?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have not received mine either. However I believe the delay (at least in my case) is because I am still finishing up my 4th year in undergrad  with our commencement being in May. So technically I havent graduated yet. I believe once the Faculty of G.Studies sees that we have officially gradded, then they would provide the ok. However, this is just my theory and I don't have any sources to confirm this! 

I have not received mine either. However I believe the delay (at least in my case) is because I am still finishing up my 4th year in undergrad  with our commencement being in May. So technically I havent graduated yet. I believe once the Faculty of G.Studies sees that we have officially gradded, then they would provide the ok. However, this is just my theory and I don't have any sources to confirm this! 

Thanks for the reply! It's reassuring that I'm not the only one still waiting. I'm actually waiting for an offer for the OT program, but since it's all coming from the same place I figure I'd ask here as well. I completed my undergrad, but I had one prerequisite course in progress at the time of my application, so I suspect it might be similar if they're waiting for evidence of successful completion. Here's hoping it comes soon! :)

Archived