Official University Of Alberta 2015 Pharmacy Applicants - Class Of 2019

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would just like to point out that all the information about the program is on the faculty of pharmacy website, including all the cost of tuition and rotation costs. There is also a link to the full

I'm in. I just received my offer about an hour ago. I did all the prereq courses in 1 yr. with a 3.9+ gpa. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

No worries, I dont mind answering questions at all!  The atmosphere of the students is extremely friendly. The majority of the people in the program are very outgoing and open. We have a huge number

Hi Everyone. 

I'm also applying to U of A pharmacy this year, and would like to practice for interviews.

Is anybody interested in preparing for the web interview together? If you live in Vancouver we could even meet up to practice, and if not, we can Skype. 

Also, does anyone know if there are any Facebook groups for the interview prep? 

Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey johnscott123456,

That's right I was. I don't know for sure why. Even though I did ask and email about this, I could not get a specific answer and was more or less urged to identify the problems with my application myself. I think it was a combination of a very 'naive' letter of intent where I did not address the questions directly enough and wasted to much space writing about extraneous details and a video interview for which I was extremely nervous about and got even more nervous when I was recording due to technical problems. Other than that, I still think my GPA is pretty decent. 

So basically what I did after last summer was to focus on spending a whole bunch of time on myself having fun and working on getting to know myself better and be able to portray an overall more mature personality. 

I hope this helps and thanks for the support!

Best

hey johnscott123456,

That's right I was. I don't know for sure why. Even though I did ask and email about this, I could not get a specific answer and was more or less urged to identify the problems with my application myself. I think it was a combination of a very 'naive' letter of intent where I did not address the questions directly enough and wasted to much space writing about extraneous details and a video interview for which I was extremely nervous about and got even more nervous when I was recording due to technical problems. Other than that, I still think my GPA is pretty decent. 

So basically what I did after last summer was to focus on spending a whole bunch of time on myself having fun and working on getting to know myself better and be able to portray an overall more mature personality. 

I hope this helps and thanks for the support!

Best

Thanks for the reply, and yea it definitely does. I did email Rae about the letter of intent, and she said to be as concise as possible, and get right to the point, as it reflects your professionalism. She also recommended using all the space in the letter, and etc. So yea, i guess your letter is what ruined your chances last year. Having said that, my friend got in two years ago with a 3.5 pre req GPA and a 3.4 cGPA after two years, so your gpa is definitely competitive. 

Thanks guys and for sure. My pGPA is 3.8, cGPA is 3.7, best 2 full time years is 3.7 and 30 credit year is 3.6. I am done with my degree in Zoology Honours from University of Calgary. For everyone else still waiting, I heard that they just started sending out offers a bit early. If this year is anything like last, most spots should be offered at the end of the month so don't lose hope. Stay positive, it's not over until it's over. 

Good luck guys!

I just got my offer as well. Totally wasn't expecting it. I was nervous as hell during my interview and I'm pretty sure I didn't even make eye contact with the camera half of the time. My stats were 3.55 for pre-req GPA, 3.75 for cGPA, and 3.88 for my best two full time years. I've finished my Bio Sci degree at U of C. Can't wait to finally get out of Calgary for a bit. Good luck guys!