Premed 101 Forums

US medschools that dont need physics/orgochem/biochem/stats

Guest charmingbutterfly

Guest charmingbutterfly

howdy everyone!

well if u havent already guessed - I am an arts student pursuing Meds.

I was just wondering if n e one knows of n e schools that dont require all of those courses.

Like u know Mac and NOMS and welll a bunch of Canadian schools dont say you HAVE to have these courses.

....lol...Going through the 125 US med school websites has been taking 4ever!

thnx bunches!;)

oh btw - I did write the MCAT - through intensive practice over two years and getting tutors and using every single freaking MCAT study/practice package - I got a 30(which I am very fine with)...just saying so that ppl wont be like "you should still prolly take those courses if u wanna do good on the MCAT..."

:)

Guest Madz25

Hi there,

There are way too many schools in the US to name those that dont require the courses u mentioned off the top of my head. As far as I can remember, every school I applied to required at least physics.

I'd recommend getting your hands on a copy of the MSAR (Medical School Admission Requirements) by AAMC. It has all the requirements, avg GPA/MCAT, # apps applied/interviewed/accepted etc. for all schools in North America. Your university should carry a copy in the career ctr and it'll definitely make the search much easier.

Hope that helps.

Madz

Guest LaGriega

almost every US school requires physics and organic. Biochem and stats are much less common, but watch out for genetics as a requirement (and English!). MSAR is really the best place to look.

Guest siobhansiobhan

libraries have it too - metro toronto ref library is where i looked at it. also, the university career centre may be a place to look. i'm not sure of the full title -medical school admissions reference? published by the aamc - american association ofmedical colleges.

Archived