Premed 101 Forums

How Long Is Your Commute?

How long is your commute?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How long is your commute from home to the classroom?

• <=15 minutes
    • 16-30 minutes
    • 31-45 minutes
    • 46-60 minutes
    • Over 1 hour

20 minute walk. I could bus/bike faster if I wanted, but it's nice to have the time to myself. If you're driving, take into account parking costs and distance from the spot to the school. If you're busing, take into account the unreliability of the transit system (and often the fact that the bus will pass you by as it fills up in the morning/evening).

Thanks for the great tips everyone.

osteogeek: I think it's great that you are able to do that commute. Hats off to you. Do you ever feel like your commute drains you or makes you feel less fresh when you need to focus/study?

It's definitely tiring, but if anything I just feel like I ended up sacrificing some of the social life at Mac, not really the academics. For me, learning the material was definitely my priority, so I just ended up not really sticking around for any of the evening activities unless I had classes, and coming home to study. :) 

It will be increasingly difficult to commute as you enter clerkship. Doable, obviously, but increasingly difficult.

During the pre-clerkship phase, if you can work during your commute, then it is still usable time.

The first four weeks of clerkship were fine, but I realize the commute might not be doable during some of the heavier rotations - if I need to I plan to rent a room in Hamilton to crash in a few nights a week. Without giving away too much personal info on here (people in my class probably already know who I am, haha), it's worth it to me to make it work for my family situation. :)

Archived