Premed 101 Forums

Stanford financial aid for Canadians

Guest ssc427

Before I spend the time and money to attend my Stanford interview I'm wondering if there are any Canadians there who know about the financial aid situation.

The average debt is only ~60K!!! which is lower than Canadian schools so it's obviously a huge plus for this school. But is this kind of aid available to Canadians? Or do we have to put all the money away into an account like the other international students?

Obviously I'll contact them as well but if you have any experience you'd like to share please do!

Thank you - I did notice this. Any thoughts on how I might find either of these two students? I did pm the one Stanford poster from last year. And the Stanford finaid office was completely uninformative....

Sorry. Unless you are a US citizen or a permanent resident, there are no financial aid options for you. NONE. There are money making opportunities (TA/Research), but none of these are enough to offset the huge debt burden which you will incur. Make sure you have the $$$ to attend a US med school BEFORE applying.

This is school specific. Both Columbia and Harvard have told me that if accepted I would receive school aid to offset the fact that I wouldn't get a Stafford loan.

Bummer about Stanford though - I really like this school.

Archived