Premed 101 Forums

Anxiety With Waiting

Gundabba

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone freaking out right now? Rejection notices sent over minerva already. I don't want to check until i hear some good news from people

Not really freaking out. You don't have control over acceptance/rejection. I read the thread with people's stats and was surprised that potentially good candidates did not get an offer.

Guys, it's manually updated. Don't check at midnight, it's useless. Start checking tomorrow from 9 AM or so. They will update them till the end of the day.

Good luck to you all.

Agreed, last year others were hearing acceptances and rejections still at this time (9AM on the morning of the day we were supposed to find out), my minerva still said nothing, so I went about my day and next time I checked minerva was about 4pm and I had an interview invite. The minerva email only came out later that evening I think. Good Luck Everyone!

I look at this a variation of Schrödinger's cat. As long as I don't look in the box, the cat might be alive. As long as I don't check my email, I may still have a chance at an interview. :)

I'll be in meetings all day, so I'll probably check Minerva tonight or tomorrow morning.

Can anyone confirm what "Reviewed - Decision Pending" means? I heard it meant Interview Waitlist, but I'm assuming the interview waitlist is almost never used?

Reviewed - Decision pending also!

I think it's waitlisted for interview

Yes it means you are waitlisted. And no, the waitlist is often used but you can get your interview later in the summer. I personally know 3 very successful doctors that got in after being waitlisted for 3-4 months. The hope is still alive, good luck. Congrats to everyone else. 

Archived